Les Stroud’s Wild Harvest is a 14 part series highlighting and teaching of the bountiful natural harvest of wild edible plants waiting right outside your door.
- Nominated for the 2023 Canadian Screen Awards
- Best Direction, Lifestyle or Information
- Best Photography, Lifestyle or Reality/Competition
- Best Original Music, Factual, Lifestyle, Reality, or Entertainment
Travel with Les Stroud and Chef Paul Rogalski on a foraging and culinary journey from the wilds of North America to the Central American coast in Les Stroud’s Wild Harvest. Experience breathtaking landscapes, learn about unexpected wild edibles, and witness the wild harvest become extraordinary and delicious cuisine.
Explore with Les, as he shares his wisdom and takes you on an adventure, foraging and gathering wild edible ingredients in rugged terrain and places closer to home than you might imagine. Learn from how to recognize the culinary possibilities around you and find your own wild harvest.
Follow along with Chef Paul as he discovers the tastes and textures of curious and sometimes peculiar ingredients and takes on a culinary challenge in each episode. With his years of experience and culinary training, a little ingenuity and just a dash of luck, Paul creates remarkable and unique dishes featuring unknown and surprising ingredients.
Outdoor and culinary enthusiasts will learn how to harvest and cook with ingredients like
Balsam Root, Dandelion, Sword Fern, Spruce Tips, Maple Sap, Cattail, Salmon Berries, Wild Mustard and Conch.
- EPISODE 1: Balsam Root & Sagebrush
- EPISODE 2: Nettle, Mustard & Dandelion
- EPISODE 3: Spring Beauty & Catnip
- EPISODE 4: Rainbows and Fiddleheads
- EPISODE 5: Sitka Spruce
- EPISODE 6: Maple & Milkweed
EPISODE 7: Trout Lily & Simple Syrup
EPISODE 8: Cattail & Balsam Fir
EPISODE 9: Juniper
EPISODE 10: Fiona's Forager Farm
- EPISODE 11: Tidal Pools
EPISODE 12: Conch, Coconut & Cacao
EPISODE 13: Lionfish, Oregon Grape & Coconut
- EPISODE 14: Horseradish & Tumbleweed Mustard